Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Black and White vs. Color

Ok so thankfully these pictures are a lot clearer than the others (they better be it took forever to upload :/). Today I want to look at Black and White (monochrome) VS. Color. Some pictures look powerful in monochrome but some look better in color. I think it depends on what your photographing. In my pictures below the one of old trees look stronger in black and white, yet my pictures of flowers pop more when they're in color. I hope you enjoy these pictures :) Have a blessed day!

Same object but in black and white. Because the object didn't have color to begin with I think it looks better in black and white because you can focus more on the tree rather than be distracted by various colors in the background. 




Again because this picture didn't have very much color to begin with I think it looks fine in monochrome. Sorry I don't have a color one to show you.

This was actually taken very randomly, I was wanting to get a close up of the fuzzy flower things (its name is escaping my mind right now), but I didn't want to lay on he ground (because of fire ants) and look though the viewfinder to see what was in the frame. And this is what I ended up with! I think it look kinda cool, don't you? 

Color...

Black and White. What do you like better?

I love photgraphing dead tree branches! Because of their many twist and turns, I think it makes them look neat!


This one of my favorite because of the way the branch looks like it's reaching out to you.

Color...

...monochrome.

Monochrome...

...color!

Ok, here is my example of when color looks better the monochrome. Here it looks washed out and dull, not a good look for flowers.

But here it looks bright and lively!


Another color example. Here you can see th flower poping out of the duller colors.

But in black and white, you don't really notice the flower, unless you're really looking for it and you don't want to make people look for it, you want it to be obvious, something that immediately draws the eye to it.

I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment